Vim text editor greatly helps speed-up your programming workflow. It has a fairly big learning curve but the shortcuts and macro functions can easily double your productivity. Vim is also modular, enabling you to easily customize it.
Links to help you get started:
- Vim Cheat Sheet: http://www.viemu.com/a_vi_vim_graphical_cheat_sheet_tutorial.html
- Online interactive tutorial: http://www.openvim.com/
- Screencasts which are useful for improving your programming workflow: http://vimcasts.org/episodes/
- A detailed step-by-step tutorial into the Vim world: http://www.swaroopch.com/notes/vim/
- A list of the most popular Vim plugins: http://vimawesome.com/